Our school Mission forms the basis for our curriculum, we strive for excellence in all that we do and seek to provide a high-quality education that will enable all in our community to discover and use the gifts and talents given to us by God. We believe that the curriculum is the ‘lived experience of young people in and out of the classroom’ (Dylan Wiliam) and, to that end, our curriculum aims to:
- excite and engage all in a love of learning
- challenge our pupils to develop as an individual with the skills, deeper cultural awareness and understanding of the world around them to be caring, confident and active members of their community
- provide a rich breadth of subjects and topics
- be coherent within and across subjects
- be vertically integrated to promote progress over time
- be appropriate for the stage of students’ learning
- enable all students to access content and make outstanding progress
- be inclusive – diversity will be welcomed in a caring environment where everyone is valued
- ensure our students become responsible and independent learners.
Above all our community is designed that all can grow, thrive and flourish equipped with the skills and knowledge to continue their learning journey whether it be in further study, the world of work or general personal satisfaction and enjoyment.