The Sacred Heart Language College became a specialist Language College in 2003 and was re-designated in 2008. Language College status supports our fundamental aim of developing the unique potential of every girl so that she becomes a fulfilled, responsible citizen, ready to meet the educational, vocational and technological challenges of the 21st Century.
- As a Language College, we promote excellence in Modern Languages across the whole ability range
- We work in partnership with local schools in Harrow to share resources and support good teaching in Modern languages
- The taught curriculum promotes an education culture which is international, technological and vocational.
- Through the introduction of the extended day, our pupils have the opportunity to study at least two languages and have the opportunity of a study visit abroad
- Our commitment to Languages will ensure increased uptake of post-16 courses to equip young people with the linguistic skills needed in the global marketplace.