Careers Advice and Guidance
At the core of our work as a Catholic learning community is the formation and development of the whole person. We strive to ensure that all develop the skills to grow and flourish to become full members of society and are empowered to make a difference in the world through embracing our call to service to support the Common Good. This philosophy is borne out in our approach to careers education and guidance.
All pupils will receive comprehensive careers educational and guidance over their 5-year journey at The Sacred Heart Language College. This will include:
- Lessons in Pastoral Curriculum Time
- Lessons in subject curriculum eg the Science Careers Fair (during Science Week)
- Speakers from Alumni and the world of work
- Educational providers assemblies such as West Herts and St Dominic’s.
- Individual Careers advisor appointment which provides careers and next steps guidance
- Experiences with employers at Key Stage 3 and 4 including a Careers fair
- Entrepreneurial skills through a Soap making day
- A Careers day (Year 10) to develop CVs and interview skills.
- Support with Year 9 Options (Pathway) choice and sixth form/colleges applications.
- University Fair
We are dedicated to raising aspirations and aim to encourage students to consider a wide range of careers. We welcome visits from external providers.
A provider wishing to request access should contact: Ms Rahwa Woldu using the following email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 0208 863 9922
Please click on documents below for full details.